Columbia Windham Soccer Alliance (CWSA) offers both Recreation and Competitive Soccer Programs and includes children from Pre-K up to U-14 age.
For age groups U-8 through U-14
Competitive Soccer(Comp) is intended for players that are looking for additional coaching and competition. Players on comp teams work for play time and earn it based on skills, coachability, attitude, attendance and performance.
- Teams compete against other Travel teams in Northeastern CT - teams we play against range include Coventry, Lebanon, Hebron, Tolland, WAM (willington, ashford, mansfield), Vernon, QVSA (quinnebaug valley teams), etc.
- Teams play in a Fall and Spring session (typically 8 - 10 games plus 1 - 2 tournaments per year).
- Some teams also play during the Winter at a local indoor facility.
- Teams typically practice 2 times a week during the season.
- Players can also double roster and play in the Recreation program - In fact, we highly recommend it as a way to speed player skill development!
- If you are considering playing soccer in Middle School or High School, Comp Soccer gives you the foundation for that.
- Players are required to tryout each seasonal year-there are no automatics. Tryouts occur in June for the following Fall and Spring.
Comp Soccer does require more commitment and dedication from parents and players alike. Our program has grown significantly over the last few years, which is directly proportional to the work and commitment of our membership. This enhances our player development process while maintaining a competitive presence in our district. Each age group is evaluated annually through tryouts held by our club.
The Recreational League is for any child who is interested in participating in soccer at the recreational level and meets the age requirements. Boys and girls are separated at this point. Volunteers are required to help coach as we are a volunteer organization. We will accept players from surrounding towns where room is available, if they do not have their own town program.
Teams will be formed by assigned coaches and balanced out as equally as possible. At this level we attempt to afford all young players an opportunity to participate in this game and have fun while they learn to enjoy the finer points and skills of soccer. All participants are guaranteed 50% playing time, providing they attend practices, where possible, and abide by the players code of contact.
Mini-Micro Soccer : This beginner program is for players in pre-school who are between 3 and 5 years old. Basic skills and overall fun is stressed.
Micro Soccer: This program is for players in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. Basic skills are developed and small sided games are used to help players learn the rules of soccer and learn team work.
Volunteers: As stated above, we will need parents to step up and help with all of these programs as we are a volunteer organization. If we are unable to secure coaches/assistants we may not be able to offer certain programs. Please consider helping out! If you or anyone you know are interested in coaching please contact our coaching coordinators Jerry Phillips and Walter Tokarz.
Practice days for teams will be dependent on the coaches availability and determined once teams are made and coaches are secured. Game schedules are made at the district scheduling meeting.